Treatment methods for different durations of screw air compressor shutdown
1. The procedure for shutting down the screw air compressor for 1 to 3 months:
(1) If the screw air compressor is found to be faulty before it is shut down, it should be repaired and then placed to avoid re-use;
(2) Wrap the air compressor controller, distribution box and other electrical equipment with plastic paper or oil paper to prevent moisture intrusion;
(3) When the air compressor is shut down, the water in the oil cooler and the after cooler should be drained to avoid freezing and cracking of the cooler under low temperature conditions;
(4) After the air compressor is shut down for two or three days, discharge the condensed water in the oil and gas barrel, oil cooler and after cooler;
2. If the screw air compressor has been shut down for more than 3 months, in addition to the above procedures, the following treatment must be done:
(1) All openings of the air compressor are closed to prevent moisture, dust, and other unknown impurities from entering;
(2) Replace the lubricating oil of the air compressor before stopping, and run it for 30 minutes, and remove the condensed water in the air barrel and oil cooler after two or three days;
(3) Store the air compressor in a place with less dust, dry air, and ventilation.
Therefore, the treatment method for the long-term shutdown of the screw air compressor is particular, and the user should deal with the air compressor equipment according to the different lengths of shutdown of the air compressor. Try to avoid all kinds of problems caused by the machine being shut down for too long, so that the loss outweighs the gain.
Sollant Focus on Energy Saving